Friday, October 19, 2012

This is me.

My mom has always called me "Leo the Late Bloomer" after the children's book with the same name by Robert Klaus. Some of my many "late bloomer" moments are: took me a very long time to learn to read (and now I can't get enough), was the last of my girlfriends to get my period and generally go through puberty (8th grade). Didn't have my first boyfriend until college...didn't meet my husband until I was 29 (and kissed a lot of frogs in the process) and just found a job I really liked 7 mos ago at age 33... Generally in life it just takes me a little longer, it always has. I'm not sure why I thought getting pregnant would be any different.

Do I think that anyone besides me is going to read this blog? I'm not sure and that's kind of ok because this is mostly for me to get all kinds of crazy off my chest for my own sanity and stress level. Don't get me wrong, I have been blessed with an unbelievably amazing husband, a supportive family and a wonderful group of friends. But I feel like I've gotten to the point where no one really knows what I'm going through and I can't stand the sympathy I get when people are like, "ohhhh you're still not pregnant? Don't worry sweetie it'll happen when you're not thinking about it!!" (like I can't not think about it!)

Sidebar, people struggling with infertility hate that "it'll happen when it's meant to happen" and "just relax and you'll get pregnant" crappola.  I know it comes from a good place and some people just don't know what to say but when in doubt, don't say that.  Just give me a hug and tell me you'll be there for me.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment