Friday, May 3, 2013

Hope.

Today is one of those days… one of those days where I am just completely overwhelmed by the number of pregnant women in my office. There are currently 8 pregnant women that I know about – two I just realized they were pregnant when I saw their bellies today. Gah. I'm not jealous of their pregnancies and miracles… I’m not mad it’s them and not me… I just wish it was me too.


I keep trying to tell myself that this is the kind of thinking that stresses me out and is exactly what I am trying to avoid. I need to just let it go and not let myself get sad. But it’s just so hard when my two good friends here in the office (M&M) are literally days away from their due dates and I work very closely with them on a daily basis. You’d think I’d be over the belly envy but when I see another, and then yet another pregnant belly around the office… I can’t help but be sad.

I need to have hope. I need to be hopeful.

I got a text from a good friend of mine the other day and she said, I sent you a little something in the mail, you should get it in a day or two. I had no idea what to expect… then this showed up…





It absolutely floored me how thoughtful and sweet this was. It’s exactly what I needed – it’s exactly what I need to remind myself of on a daily basis. I need to have hope. I need to believe in miracles. I need to believe that this can and will happen for us. I need to have faith in our doctor and his team… I need to have faith in God that we will be granted this wish that we want oh so deeply.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing friend and a lovely lovely gift. I have hope for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you so much! We are certainly lucky to be blessed with some amazing and supportive friends xo

    ReplyDelete