Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"engorged blood vessel"

Yep you read that correctly. 

"Engorged blood vessel more than likely from the hormone medications."

I just came from the dermatologist.  I have this bump that appeared out of no where behind my ear.  At first I thought it was a pimple and I scratched at it... and it bled like a son-of-a-gun for 45 minutes.  Then, because of it's location I would catch it every time I tucked my hair behind my ear and would have blood pouring down my neck in 2 seconds.  Pretty gross.  I was so scared it was cancer.  Once again I went from zero to worst case scenario in no time flat. 

I had so much anxiety this afternoon on the way to the doctor.  Seriously I never had panic attacks and all these episodes of anxiety before all this trying to get pregnant stuff.

I sat on the table and apprehensivly moved my hair so he could get a better look... I held my breath waiting for him to say something indicating bad news (lol what a wacko, haha).  He just said, oh that's an engorged blood vessel and you have another little one right below it.

Ok first, ew.
Second, awesome <---- can you hear the sarcasm?

He asked the basic questions: when did it appear, has it changed in size... are you pregnant?

Ahh no.  Not knocked up. 

Of course I told him how I was seeing Dr. B over and the Fertility Center and that had I first noticed the bump 3 mos ago when I started the stronger hormone medication.  He said, that's it.  It's more than likely due to all the extra hormones in my body since I have never had anything like this happen before.  It has gotten a lot smaller this past month when I wasn't on the meds. He said that if it gets bigger when I start the medications again (when ever that may be) to call and I'll have to come in to get it removed.  He said that if I get pregnant it would just get bigger and bigger because, once again, of all the extra hormones.

Also did you catch where he said, "...and there's another little one right below it."? 

DOUBLE CRAP! 

More?  Seriously?  I could just start to get more of these gross, raised, dark red bumps?  AND not just behind my ears either folks, I could get them anywhere on my body.

This roller coaster ride of awesome-ness just gets better and better!  < insert sarcasm >

But of course it will all be worth it in the end if we get our miracle...

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting that you say "if" we get our miracle.....

    I talk like that as well to everyone. It's never "when" anymore..just "if" we have a baby.

    Even the words of an infertile woman are affected by this horrible experience.

    When will you be starting IVF again? My first is try is right around the corner and I'm deathly scared out of my mind. Your blog is what keeps me going...I sure hope your miracle comes soon for all of us struggling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that is such a nice thing to say! I am so happy that I can be here for you, seriously this is how I keep my sanity. Actually I am working on a new blog post with an update for round two. I hope to have it up soon. Before I started IVF I, like you, was scared out of my mind. This is the big time, right? Haha! But then it turned out to be not as scary as I thought- just one more thing that's needed before we can have our dream of being a mama. I'll keep you in my prayers :) good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete