Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gender Swaying Anyone?

Has anyone ever heard of “gender swaying?” I was doing an internet search on healthy foods to eat while TTC (trying to conceive) and came across a couple different forums where people were talking about eating foods for gender swaying.


What is Gender Swaying you ask? From what I read, gender swaying is “implementing changes in your lifestyle, diet and TTC methods to increase your odds of conceiving a certain gender.”

For. Real.

I am not here to judge anyone- I actually think it’s really interesting and although I’m not all that convinced that it works the science that people put behind it is really fascinating. It also seems to be a hot button topic on some boards that I have seen (once I became curious and started doing an internet search on it). Some people get very up in arms it- almost to the point of being offended that it’s even being suggested. To that I say, to each their own. If you don’t like it – then don’t do it. I’m just looking for a healthy and happy baby myself.

So, anyway, if I understand it correctly, you can change your diet to a more alkalized (boy) or acidic (girl) to conceive a certain gender. I’ve also seen where some people say eating a lot of dairy – cheese, milk, and yogurt – and processed foods helps in “swaying” towards a girl. Eating more potassium – bananas and potatoes – and adding salt “sway” towards a boy. There are a bunch of food lists out there. I also saw that some people swear by having sex at different times of the day and at different times in your cycle will also impact the gender sway… a couple sites even suggested the pattern of the moon! It seems that most agree it mainly has a lot to do with the pH of your vag. One woman swore by drinking a concoction of baking soda and water a couple times a day and then sticking a finger full of baking soda up the “love canal” prior to having sex and that was how she had all boys.

Ok.

Once again, to each their own… but… no. There will be nothing that I use for baking cookies going up there.

I compared the two food lists and I pretty much eat a mainly a “boy” diet. I guess it’ll be interesting to see if our IVF is successful next month if we end up being blessed with a boy(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment