Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Here we go again!

Good news is - the test results came back and everything looks great!  Hallelujah!  No real reason why we lost all 10 embryos but the good news is that it isn't something in our chromosomes or the hubs sperm that made it all go so terribly wrong.  The doctor is very confident that a different medication protocol is the way to go.  They nurse asked me when the first day of my last period was and I said... February 27th.

Yes you read that right that would make me CD42... yes I am still on the same cycle I posted about in the beginning of March when we went for our testing.  Of course I have already taken 3 pregnancy tests.  It is possible that a miracle could occur and I could actually get pregnant while waiting for the test results to come back... close friends of ours had that exact thing happen when they were getting their finances in order to start their first IVF. 

Blammo!  Pregnant!

But that was not the case for this uterus.  I went to get my blood drawn yesterday with a teeny tiny glimmer of hope that maybe just maybe...but no.  Actually I have not even ovulated yet.  Son-of-a-gun day 42 and haven't even ovulated yet. 

Gah.  Double Gah.

So, looking on the bright and shiny side, the nurse said that since I haven't ovulated yet and I am so far into this cycle we can start the IVF cycle.  Now.  Like, right now.

Hot Diggity Dog!

At least we don't have to wait.  I thought we were going to wait for me to get my period, and then wait until CD21 to start the Lupron.  But they started me on my first pill of Provera last night (to help me get my period).  I take that for 10 days but on day 6 (Sunday) I start the Lupron injections as well.  I do those every night until I get my period, more than likely 10-11 days after the first injection.  Then I go for blood work and ultrasound on CD2... I'm not sure yet which meds they are going to put me on but at one point but the nurse mentioned Menupur (probably spelt that wrong).  I was going to Google it to see what it was for but I think Googling any of these meds is a bad idea.  I know that the side effects are uber scary.  I am sure that one if not all can "cause cancer" (and seriously, what now a days doesn’t?).  I just can't deal with having that much information in my head. 

So here we go again friends... thank you so much for taking this journey with me.  Fingers, toes, and legs crossed that this is our miracle cycle and I will have a strong and sticky baby in my womb by June!

Also, thank you so much for your comments- it really means a lot to me to know that so many of you are rooting for us.  This is such an isolating thing and I sometimes forget that I am not alone.  There are so many women out there just like me going through this same thing... I pray we all get our miracles soon.

xo J.

7 comments:

  1. It's me again, that anonymous person stalking your blog! Lol. I just wanted to wish you good luck on this cycle. My Dr. gave me a sneak preview of my cycle schedule and I'll be on Menopur as one of the drugs as well. I did do Menopur for my Injectable IUI cycle and I think it's a pretty good drug. I had a really good cycle, but IUI is just not good enough. I've done some research and other women whose taken different drugs for IVF and then switch to Menopur did have success, so I hope it works! I'll keep on you! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello hello! Thank you! When is your cycle? Good luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be this May. Waiting for April's cycle to end and when AF show's up, I'm going to contact my Dr. to start. I'm so nervous! It would be so miraculous if it happened naturally this cycle right before IVF, but that's a fantasy. So must prepare! Keep posting on your blog....Love it!

      Delete
    2. You never know-like I said above friends of ours got pregnant naturally when they were waiting on their IVF cycle but I think that's a one in a million! But... miracles do happen!

      Delete
  3. Hey miss JennyG, another 'stalker' here, just had to see how you were doing. This is great news,so pleased for you! I was on Menopur in Feb and it gave me a good response, from what I understand it's a matter of finding the right meds for you and the right dose, we all react differently to them. In the UK it's the most commonly used stimming drug for IVF. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pussycat! How are you? I've been thinking of you - I haven't been on the boards at all but wanted to go on there to see if I could message you (I'm not sure if that's possible)? Anyway I am excited but nervous... just want to get all this started already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops hit send too fast, haha. I hope that things are going well for you :)

    ReplyDelete