Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ladies & Gents... we have a plan... sorta.

I finally heard from the nurse- man that was a long week and a half.  She said that our doctor, the other doctor's in the practice and the embryologists came up with a plan... 

We first both have to get our blood drawn for what's called a Karyotypes test which is to test our chromosomes to make sure they are "balanced" and "normal."  What ever that means.  Then hubs has to get a test on his sperm called SCSA (I don't remember what the acronym stands for) that rules out anything with the sperm that would react in the embryos and cause them to die.  If everything is normal then we would start a new medication protocol called Down Regulation.

The nurse quickly explained what that meant- CD21 (cycle day) I'd get a blood test to make sure that I had ovulated.  If I ovulated I would start a medication called Lupron (injections).  I should then get my period within 7 days then would start Follistem injections on CD2.  I also am going to be taking a medication called Menapur and another one called Ganerellix (I think).  They are also both injections...

She said that once the blood/semen tests come back, depending on the results, I will go in and we would talk more in depth about the medication protocol.  It could take up to 3 weeks for the results to come back.  Oh, did I mention I got my period yesterday (a week early)?  So CD21 would be March 19th but we are at the mercy of when the test results come back in.  I really hope we're able to get the results in faster since I really (really) do not have to wait for yet another cycle.  I feel like my life has been in 2 week bursts (sometimes longer) for the past 2+ years.  Get my period.  Wait to ovulate.  Praying I don't get my period.  Wait to ovulate... vicious cycle repeats again and again.

I think what's really playing on my mind is that my 35th birthday is at the end of March.  35.  I know that I've said it on here before but that number, in my head, has such a huge weight.  I know that so many women are having babies, first babies, at that age and older.  For me, however, I never in a zillion years pictured myself at 35 without a baby in my arms (or in my womb).  I never thought when we started this journey to parenthood that it would have taken us down this long and twisty road.  I am praying that this is our miracle cycle because after this... insurance runs out and we are on our own...which is not something we can afford. 

Please God. 
Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment